Sussex Police Open Day
As we approach the end of the academic year, I thought you might like to know that since September across West Sussex we will have supported in excess of 60 work experience students from over 35 schools and colleges with Sussex Police work experience placements.
Inevitably, throughout the year I know you have needed to decline requests from number of students owing to over-subscription of demand.
However, I am pleased to provide you with details of a Sussex Police Open day which will be held at Chichester Police Station on Saturday 15th July 2017.
There are no restrictions on numbers, so students, parents and teaching staff are more than welcome to come along.
The day will provide opportunities to meet and talk with police officers and staff from a range of policing teams, inclusive of the following;
- Surrey & Sussex Police Dog Section
- Police Support Unit including Method of Entry Team
- Wildlife Crime Officers
- Crime Scene Investigators
- Sussex Police Firearms Unit
- Surrey & Sussex Roads Policing Unit
- Sussex Search and Rescue (volunteers) and Sussex Police Search Advisor
- Officers from the local team based at Chichester – (providing bike security marking, burglary & vehicle crime prevention advice, scam and fraud awareness).
The opportunity to see inside police vehicles, prison vans and potentially observe a fly past from the National Police Air Service will also be available.
For all students, whether they have completed a work experience placement or not, the open day will provide an opportunity for anyone interested in policing the opportunity of understanding more about the work we undertake.