Key Staff: Mrs. Fletcher or Mrs. Bell
- Five 9-5 GCSE including English and Maths
- 5 grade or above in Art
Is this a new two year linear A Level Subject? Yes
A level Art will be a two year course with no AS element, students will need to commit to the full term in order to gain the qualification. Course breakdown - 60% coursework and 40% terminal exam of 15 hours (over three days).
Key Points About The Course
- The course is 60% coursework (personal investigation) and 40% final exam (Externally Set Assignment)
- Coursework is broken down into three components, titles such as ‘Human condition’ and ‘Sanctuary’.
- During your second year you will produce a personal investigation as part of your coursework, 1000 – 3000 words on a focus in Art of your choice linked to your visual coursework.
- ESA title is available from February 1st of your second year. Working through this project with guidance to sit the exam of 15 hours over 3 days in May/June.
- To study Art you should be proficient at basic drawing and painting techniques.
- Research and independent studies are important parts of the Art course – you should enjoy the subject as you will be spending time producing work in your own time as well as in the department. A minimum of nine hours per week.