- The CAMBRIDGE TECHNICALS LEVEL 3 EXTENDED CERTIFICATE IN IT qualifies for UCAS points so if you complete it successfully you could move on to study for a degree or BTEC Higher National Diploma in related subjects such as ICT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Multimedia, Software Engineering, Computer Networking, e-Business and Information Management. You could also go on to work based training such as IT User/Practitioner NVQs or vendor-specific qualifications.
- Vocational education is not just about results, it’s about educating people in the knowledge and skills required for employment and for the community as a whole. It’s also about developing the behaviours and attributes needed to progress and succeed in education and in work.
- Students will have the opportunity to gain the right combination of knowledge, understanding and skills required for the 21st century.
- The AS units are Unit 1 Fundamentals of IT and Unit 2 Global Information.
- In A2 the Units you will learn about are:
Unit 3 Cyber Security and two additional internally assessed units, e.g. Internet of Everything.
- Over the past 5 years ICT results have been consistently good in the Sixth Form.
- ICT class sizes are usually about 10 - 14 students.
- This qualification in IT gives students optionality within their study programme, at the same time as making sure they have a recognised qualification designed to take them to university.
- Level 3 Cambridge Technicals in IT qualifications will allow your students to achieve their potential and progress to the next stage of their lives, whether it be Higher Education, an apprenticeship, or employment.
- The CAMBRIDGE TECHNICALS works very well with subjects such as Business Studies and Media.