BTEC Travel and Tourism L3
Key Staff: Mrs. Hawley
- GCSE Maths and English Level 4 or above
Is this a new two year linear Subject? Yes
Key Points About The Course
- A comprehensive course to help you access the Travel & Tourism industry.
- A course which will help you plan your holidays for life.
- 100% coursework.
- In Y12 you will study 3.5 units, each 10 credits each. 1 - Investigating the T&T industry; 2 - The UK as Destination; 7 - European Destination; 4 - Customer Service in T&T (Assignment 2)
- In Y13 you will study 2.5 units, 4 - Customer Service in T&T (Assignment 1); 2 - The Business of T&T; 8 - Long Haul Destinations.
- There are some practical assessments throughout the course, eg Role plays & sketches on improvements to Customer Service.
- There are many resources; text books, guide books, trade magazines, touring books; internet.
- You will be expected to complete an hour's work for every hour spent in the classroom.
- T&T works well with any other subject as it can be used for a future career or just your future life.