L3 Extended Certificate in Applied Law
Key Staff: Mr. Main
- Min five 5+ grades in GCSE including at least a 4+ grade in English Language
Key Points About The Course
- There are two exams, one in Yr 12 and one in Yr 13
- There are also two units which are coursework based.
- We tend to major in criminal law, but have to do some tort and contract for this syllabus
- We try to get in visitors eg a magistrate, a barrister, a tribunal judge. We also go on visits eg to the Crown Court and to Parliament
- The exams can be retaken
- We look at real-to-life situations eg what is GBH? How are you guilty? What sentence will you get
- You will achieve Pass, or Merit, or Distinction or Distinction*
- These grades are equivalent to A Level grades Pass or Distinction*
- For anyone who only wants to study Law for one year, the half A level is certificated at the end of Year 12
- It is really interesting!!!