BTEC Sport Level 3
Key Staff: Mrs. Harrison
- A minimum of five level 4 grades at GCSE Level.
- A minimum of a 4 grade in PE or equivalent
Is this a new two year linear Subject? No
While this is not an ‘A’ Level subject the course does run over the course of the two years, with certification happening at the end of the second year.
Key Points About The Course
- Across the 2 years you will learn about the following areas; Body systems and the effects on physical activity, Sports coaching and leadership, Sports organisation and development' Biomechanics and movement analysis, Nutrition and diet for sport and exercise,. Sports injuries and rehabilitation.
- The course consists of 5-6 units where 2 are externally examined. The other 3-4 units are internally assessed.
- During the course, lessons will involve a number of differing delivery styles including; Discussion and group work, Lab Investigations and dissections, practical coaching and leadership, Visits to local sports facilities, Practical performance and testing.
- The PE Department have a strong record of success within all qualificiations delivered. With many successful stduents going on to University to study sport related qualifications or directly in to working within the sports industry.
- Class sizes are usually about 8 - 14 students ~ a good number for discussion and group work and the facilitation of pratical.
- To study Sport you should enjoy finding our about the understanding all aspects of sport and physical performance, whether that be physcial, anatomical, cultural, hsitorical or related to the sports industry. (NB* you will not be judged on your pracitcal ability within a given sport).
- Research and individual study is an important part of Lv3 Sport - you should also be prepared to work with others to produce presentation materials and in some cases lead lessons.
- Lv3 Sport can be combined with all subjects but works very well with courses such as; Biology, ICT, Public Services and English.