Curriculum & Guidance
Welcome to the CEIAG Careers Education at Thomas Bennett.
At Thomas Bennett we believe in encouraging our students to reflect upon their personal skills and ambitions through the curriculum to ensure that they:
- Understand the options that are available to them at Y8,Y11,Y13 and once they leave school
- Understand themselves and the skills they need to develop
- Develop confidence in themselves and their abilities
- Explore different career pathways
- Understand how the world of work is changing
- Employers expectation of them in relation to behaviour at work
- Use work related learning/experiences to shape their future career paths and aspirations
- Use a wide range of information resources to make informed choices about their future
- Know where to go for further help
- Think about what they expect of themselves and what others expect of them
- Explain why it is important to develop personal values
Here we will highlight employment and training opportunities available to students, inform you of forthcoming events, newsletters, latest news, work experience for Year 10’s and useful links to help students with Career Pathways and Options.
Our Careers Library offers our students careers information, advice and assistance on careers.
The Schools Careers Leader is Carole Lawless who can be contacted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call 01293 525255.