Head of Computer Science
You will have experience in teaching students of all abilities to reach their academic potential. You will have the knowledge, skills and personal qualities to successfully help lead a department of dedicated professionals.
As Head of Department, we would ask you to use your subject expertise and passion for teaching to support teachers in the departments to ensure the curriculum, assessment and teaching is the very best it can be.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent teaching skills
• Self motivation and potential
• High level organisational and ICT skills
• Effective communication skills, with the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
The suitable candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution to the academic, spiritual, moral and cultural well-being of young people and will support an already successful department along the next stage of its development. In addition, the post will provide an excellent opportunity for professional development.
About the school:
· Thomas Bennett Community College is a welcoming school community, with the highest expectations
· We are ideally located for commuters, situated 30 minutes from Brighton and London
· We have an impressive, modern school site with outstanding facilities across all subject areas
· We joined the Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) on the 1st September 2012, and are part of a group of 7 TKAT academies in Crawley
· Through our focused and bespoke training, staff are equipped with the skills to engage learners through the delivery of high quality lessons
· Teachers all receive a laptop for their own use
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a fast paced team that has a proven track record in effecting change and is focused on continual school improvement.
Safeguarding TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Equal Opportunities TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part-time or on a flexible basis.