English Literature AS/A2
- Five 5+ GCSE including English and Maths
- A 5+ grade in the English Language or Literature
Is this a new two year linear A Level Subject? Yes
This is now a two year A Level course, and we no longer offer AS. This means that students study the course for two years, and sit all of their examinations at the end of the course. There are internal mock exams that chart and monitor student progress. There is a coursework element that is covered in the 2nd Year, and this represents 20% of the total grade.
Key Points About The Course
- It is mixture of exams and coursework.
- The novels and plays are varied and interesting.
- We read poetry, prose and drama plays.
We study a shakespeare text.
- Literature A Level recognised as a 'Door Opening' A Level by the Russell Group.
You get to choose your own books for the non exam assessment.
You are expected to share your ideas, opinions and observations during discussions.
The class sizes are small so you get lots of individual attention and time to talk.
You will learn how to articulate yourself really clearly....an essential life skill!
Reading makes you more creative, opens new worlds, helps you to express yourself and gives you interesting things to talk about.