Key Staff: Mr. Kearley
- Five 4+ GCSE including English and Maths
- A 4+ grade in a Humanities Subject
Is this a new two year linear A Level Subject? Yes
Two topics will be covered at AS level over a period of approximately 25 years, an exam will be sat in both at the of the AS year of study. At A2 the same topics of study will be covered over a period of 50 years followed by more complex exams and an additional coursework project of the students own choosing.
Key Points About The Course
- History is a well respected subject that employers and Universities recognise as delivering transferrable skills of analysis, research and critical thinking skills.
- The History curriculum covers a 200 year period including examples of national and international History.
- History lessons are varied and interesting, they will ensure students develop skills such as debating, collaborative learning as well the ability to create a reasoned argument.
- A Level History includes a coursework element that allows students to choose their own research project on a topic of their choosing.
- History allows students to develop conceptual thinking skills such as causation, change and continuity and significance. A Level History also develops students ability to evaluate how and why interpretations of the same event exist before making a reasoned judgement.
- History is both a humanities subject and science meaning that it goes with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Law, Politics, Economics, Sociology and Geography.
- If you continue to study History you will be able to keep use your knowledge from GCSE to help you. This could be important if you take all new subjects and you would like to one subject that you know to help you get to the next level.
- The study of History allows us to make sense of the world around us and gives us a greater understanding of what has shaped the world. Our course will allow students to interpret events that feature in the news today and still have a huge impact on our modern world.
- History allows you to develop extended writing skills through essay based tasks. This academic method of study is highly valued as an essential skill at University.
- If you have an enquiring mind and have a curiosity about the world around you then History is the subject for you.