Every year as a college community we raise money for a variety of Charities and good causes. We also try to use a fundraising as a method of raising awareness about a range of health-related, social and economic issues that face us all as active citizens.
- Selling charity merchandise
- Cake sales at break and lunch times
- Challenge stalls in the atrium that offer students a chance to challenge themselves, have fun and raise money all at the same time
- Sport’s competitions and sponsored activities e.g. Five A Side football tournaments, Skip-a-thons, Water Race and 1 mile challenges etc.
- Individual student sponsorship on charity days e.g. Sponsored silences, dress-up, wear your onsie/PJs to school etc.
- Performances e.g.s Open Mike Talent shows, Scratch Staff Pantos, DJ, Music and dance performances
- Soakings and Gungings of staff are always a sure way of raising money!
The fundraising work is organised and led by the Student Fundraising Group – all students are able to join the group. The aim of the Fundraising group is to raise a minimum of £5000 each year: in most years they have exceeded this target because of the active citizenship and the commitment of the college community – students, staff, parents and wider family members.
The calendar for our fundraising is changing all the time but here is the proposed schedule of this year’s events:
30th September - MacMillan Coffee Morning for Cancer Research – Staff
15th October - Sixth Form Rag Week – Whole School
2nd to 11th November Poppy Appeal – Whole School
19th December - UNICEF/Save the Children Fund Festive Jumper – Whole School
January – May Five-O Project with St Catherine’s Hospice and NatWest – Business & Enterprise a Team competition but will involve the Whole School in fundraising for the hospice
7th March - Free the Children 'Me To We' Day Wembley
W/c 2nd May Five-O Project with St Catherine’s Hospice and NatWest – Business & Enterprise a Team competition – final results of fundraising and awards ceremony