Google Classroom allows class teachers to register email addresses for parents, so that you can get either daily, or weekly updates on the work your child has been set. Please be aware this does not include marks given for work, or direct access to the work itself. This allows you, as a parent or guardian, to see what your child has been doing in classes that are using Google Classroom. If you want this set up, please contact you child's Pupil Support (Pastoral) teacher with details.
At Thomas Bennett Comunity College, we are very aware of the desire among parents to have a "dashboard" style interface that will allow you to see all aspects of your child's work. G:Suite does not currently have this facility, so we highly recommend that you get your child to share their learning with you by showing you examples of pieces of work.
Note: You can only receive summaries for students with school accounts.
As a guardian, you can receive email summaries showing your student’s progress in classroom.
- You can choose the frequency of the emails, such as daily or weekly.
- You can unsubscribe or remove yourself from Classroom at any time.
Guardian email summaries include:
- Missing work—Work that’s late at the time the email was sent
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or work that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails)
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers
As a guardian, you must receive and accept an email invitation before you can receive email summaries. Only teachers and administrators from your student’s school can send these invitations.
You have 120 days to accept an invitation before it expires.
- The teacher or administrator emails you an invitation for a particular student.
- They can send it to any email address.
- In your email program, open your email invitation.
- Click Accept.
- If you’re not the guardian, click I’m Not The Guardian.
When you accept an invitation, you, your student, and the person who invited you (the teacher or administrator) receives an email confirmation.
You won’t receive an email summary if:
- There's no activity to report for the given time period.
- All your student’s teachers turned off notifications for their classes.
- You selected No summaries for how often you’d like to receive emails.
- You aren't connected to any students in Classroom.